I swear it will be summer out there soon (or at the very least spring). But until the summer sun makes its way to Toronto, I’ll be heading to Aruba and Jamaica to get my vitamin D fix. And one thing I love to do more than pack hot destination clothes, is pick out the perfect nail polish to go with my beach vacation. Of course it has to be cheery and bright, but it also has to have staying power (to go through sandy, ocean and pool water) and be in my current shade obsession — pinky-orange coral.
I raided my beauty closet (a.k.a my linens closet that has become crammed with rows and rows of nail polish) to make my coral, beach-ready nail polish selection. Here are some of my all-times faves and a few newbies in the mix that I can’t wait to test out.
FROM TOP TO BOTTOM:
1. This vibrant orange is always perfect for beach weather (sunrise or sunset).
Essie Nail Polish in Meet Me at Sunset, $8, essie.com
2. I love the high gloss finish of this long lasting polish (if you apply a base and top coat you will get a solid week out of it).
Revlon Colour Stay Long Wear Nail Enamel in Marmalade, $8, revlon.com
3. This is an oldie but goodie from their South Beach collection and has been in my spring/summer rotation for a couple of years now. The perfect shade of pink/orange.
OPI Nail Lacquer in OPI on Collins Ave, $11, opi.com
4. Any polish that has the word Brazil in it has to equal hot, hot summer nights.
Essie Nail Polish in Braziliant $8, essie.com
5. New to my coral nail polish collection this shade is perfect for hot weather and the super-fast drying polish is so small and compact it easily travels for touch-ups.
Rimmel London 60 Seconds Nail Lacquer in Hot Chilli Pepper, $5, rimmellondon.com
6. This shade veers closer to the pink side than coral, but it’s close enough and has also been one of my go-tos for the past two summers.
Essie Nail Polish in Ole Caliente $8, essie.com
7. I’m excited to try out Crabtree & Evelyn’s new line of polishes and this pretty orange hue seems like the perfect place to start.
Crabtree & Evelyn Nail Lacquer in Clementine, $6, crabtree-evelyn.com